Graduate Trainee Accountant
As part of their continual growth the firm would like to recruit a graduate, to the post of Trainee Accountant.
As the Trainee Accountant you will be working as part of team on a varied portfolio of client including – sole traders, partnerships and small to medium sized companies.
Reporting to a manager your main duties will include:
• Preparing financial statements for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
• Auditing financial statements
• Tax compliance work (including preparation of tax computations; tax returns and computation of liabilities)
• Preparation of VAT returns
During your training you will be expected to develop an understanding of the practical issues involved in delivering a high quality service to clients.
Assignments will be undertaken both in the office and at client’s premises and will be a mixture of team work and projects undertaken individually. Trainees will have support and on the job training from managers and other senior staff.
A structured training programme will ensure that you are able to integrate into the team with the best possible start and after the successful completion of your probation, study support will be available.
The company is able to offer a great study package and you will receive paid study leave to attend training courses to enable you to obtain the ACA qualification.
Personal Requirements/Key Skills:
• You will need to have an analytical and methodical approach to your work and be able to apply both common sense and technical skills to different assignments
• The demands and high workload of this position require a highly organised person who can prioritise their work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines • Good interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to work unsupervised
• A good team player
• You will have strong Microsoft skills with a very good understanding of Excel
• Full UK driving licence with access to vehicle
Degree Requirements – Graduates from any degree discipline can be considered, but you must hold a 2:1 classification and must be able to demonstrate a genuine desire to pursue career as an Accountant and the above qualities throughout your application.
For more information please get in touch via our contact form or to apply, please email your CV to Peter.Alcock@wilsonhenry.co.uk